5.07.2015

31: Day 1



A thought occurred to me this morning as I was preparing my kids' brekkie and getting my life-blood, I mean, my coffee ready.  There was just a little bit of half & half left.  I saved it for Sean.  I told him to take it for his coffee for his drive for work.  He said no, that he was saving it for me.  We've had "wars" before - where we battle back and forth over who gets the last of something we're almost out of that we both really like.  You're thinking I should be more on top of my shopping, right??  Our boys are sick, so I'm not taking them out to the store, and my time has just gone elsewhere.  (Obviously not here until today - I haven't posted in forever!!)  ;)

Anyway, I digress.  Making my coffee and using the last of that half & half (because it would make him smile) made me think that I really haven't given my husband of almost 10 years enough credit lately.  I've accused him, not necessarily openly but definitely in my heart, of being selfish.  If you wanna play that game - we're ALL selfish, in different ways.

I decided I needed an attitude change, a heart change.  For the next 31 days I'm going to post something that Sean does that is completely and unabashedly selfLESS.

Just because someone doesn't do something YOUR WAY doesn't mean they're not trying to show you that they care.

My husband insists that I get the last of the half & half when he knows I prefer that to milk in my coffee.  Thank you, love...


FullSizeRender.jpg

No comments: