6.20.2008

And so it begins....again....

Here I am in my third year of a job which I love....However, every year for the last three years I have been seriously injured in the same place in my back and have not healed yet.  After going to countless doctors to be told it was a muscle strain, or all in my head, I was finally given a series of injections, facet blocks, that were mildly successful.  Yesterday, I was re-injured.  I'm not looking for sympathy, just venting, frustrated, lost, and wondering if maybe, just maybe, God is telling me to get a new job.  I may not even post this.  I hate to have my first blog be such a downer.  I wasn't looking for pain for the rest of my life.  I just want to live pain free and have babies and enjoy life....
I know there's got to be some way to fix this.  I pray that, anyway....

2 comments:

Herion said...

Ah ... another Faramir fan! Nice to meet you! If you're interested in getting a Faramir sword, please email me at {name of my blog}@gmail.com

Linden said...

I completely understand where you are coming from on this post. See, I have a couple back issues, and have had them for as long as I can remember. Since my eleventh birthday, however, they seem to be getting worse every year. Last Christmas there was actually a period when I could not move myself at all for about five days. Then this summer, it happened again, in the middle of June, I think it was.
My uncle, a physical therapist, told me all this stuff I should do, which seems to help take down some of the pain, and the ibuprofen, but the pain is still there. That's one reason I cannot be a violinist for the rest of my life, or a dancer. I can't even ride horses as much as I would like because of it. I may never recover, but at least I am at a point where whatever job I take, I can already plan on having a bad back which may fuse together at any time or slip a disc...
Anyways, I'm praying for you, and you know that I love you Jessica!
-Laura