3.17.2012

Happy day!

Of St. Patrick!  And....ST. BALDRICK!!!  While not a "real man," St. Baldrick calls people to donate money to help fund research and treatment for kids that battle cancer.  In exchange?  You get to see your friends bald.
The phrase of the night tonight was "bald is beautiful!"  I've never been so proud or happy to see so many people come together and give of themselves, quite literally.  It was amazing - and I loved getting to see all those beautiful little bald heads running around the building.  Okay, well the heads weren't running, but you know what I mean...
Here are some photos from the evening...

Me before: (with hair)


"Activities other than shaving" (Thank you, Clarion!)  ;)


Hangin' out with Bampa...


Amanda & me...bald as can be!  ;)


SO glad he didn't flip out...  :)


Dan et moi


And here's the donation/hair/stuff... (18-20 inches of hopefully usable hair!)


I hope you all had an amazing St. Patty's day as well!  :)  If you didn't happen to get to donate for St. Baldrick's and it's REALLY REALLY bugging you, Relay For Life is coming up!  ;)

2 comments:

Hannah Langham said...

Wow! I really admire you for participating in this fundraiser. You look beautiful with and without hair! :) Thank you for your sweet comments. You can find my email address on my blog, so feel free to email directly if you want to hear more about my missions experiences. Blessings, Hannah

Cassy said...

So lovely Jess. I couldn't get the video clips to load, but over my way we're practically still dial-up so I wasn't surprised. I don't need the video though to see your precious heart for those babies. What a sweet sacrifice dear friend <3