3.07.2012

These Courageous Kids

Soon I'm gonna be bald.
Some might not understand a desire to do something so...off-the-wall to promote cancer research and treatment for kids.  Imagine your child (if you're a parent, if not, imagine a child you love DEARLY) battling a disease that not only takes so much of their energy and vitality, but also often takes their hair, causes pain, and even sometimes takes their life...  I've seen so many children go down this road.  Stronger than I could ever hope to be - all of them.  Little troopers all the way - not complaining, not whining, not huffing around; but embracing the life they have.  Of all of the kids I have followed and prayed for over the last few, short years, there is only one still on the road.  It's a heartbreaking disease, and while I can't fix it or end it or stop it in its tracks, I can help find funding.  I can donate my renewable resource so that some brave kid somewhere can have something to cover that beautiful little noggin.
I guess people just need to know, and then to act.  We might not cure cancer right now.  But what we do now makes a difference - in the lives and hearts of those fighting right now.
And someday, we'll be able to look back and say, "we kicked cancer to the curb!"
And for all those COURAGEOUS kids out there - you keep on keepin' on!!!

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/525028/2012

No comments: