1.02.2011

Nothing I could do, total eclipse of the moon

On December 20, 2010, us lucky folk here in Alaska got to experience a total lunar eclipse - the only one in 2010...and the first one I've seen since I was a wee one...  My amateur photographer self thought it would be cool to try to capture this on camera, and despite the glare through the window, I was able to come up with a few shots that weren't too blurry.  :)  

When we got home that night, we all camped out on Michael's floor and watched...
The window glare starts to take over... 
 ...but I didn't want to suit up and brave the below zero temps when I was so cozy inside...
 I like that you can see stars too...
 ...

The eclipse wasn't quite finished at this point, but Michael was, so we had to transfer him from floor to bed and call it a night.  I know right now he doesn't understand what we were watching that night, but hopefully someday we'll get to see another one, and he'll get to enjoy it (and ask LOTS of questions, I'm sure)...  :)
God is good...

All photos taken by Jessica Aagaard, 2010

2 comments:

Jack Hanson said...

Really great pics!

Jess :) said...

Thanks Jack! ;) I'm trying to learn more about photography - really enjoy taking photos! ;) Maybe Jenny and I should go into biz... ;) heehee...