12.07.2011

Sufficient For Me

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.



I constantly find myself facing this world and wishing, longing for a closer, deeper relationship with the people in my life.  I've long felt that others are far more important to me than I am to them.  This is not me fishing...just voicing, rather writing, something that has been on my heart for so long...
Perhaps I'm not the only one that feels this way.  Invisible.  Unimportant.  Unworthy.  
I find myself avoiding people.  To avoid feeling like I'm being avoided I avoid first, so that I can avoid the whole rotten feeling of avoidance altogether.  And yet, it usually backfires, and I feel worse.  Maybe I'm made to.  God has made me one to reach out.  I can't be a very effective witness or even just an empathic ear if I'm avoiding people just so I don't get hurt.  
And so what do I do?  I realized that in this weakness of mine, God has the strength I need...I just need to continue to seek Him out.  Stop avoiding people and just be.  Be who God made me to be and realize that He hungers for my attention and interaction just as we hunger for the attention and interaction of those around us.  
Distractions abound now, so I'll write more later...  OOO

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Love you sweetie... and no you're not the only one who feels that way. Keep reaching out to others and using your gifts and your tender heart to encourage people and point them to God. We might not always 'feel' part things, but the fact is, we ARE a part of things. Just being in God's family does that. And it makes us worthy. And very, very visible. And a sharp and important tool, and so, so loved. Blessed by your transparency today, and by your sweet smile and kindness every day.
Love you,
Cassy

Jess :) said...

Thank you so much Cassy... You are wonderful... It's hard to write from the heart sometimes, some people question that. But thank you...