1.20.2010

A few of my favorites...

SO many kiddos at school have been wondering about/staring at my belly for the past 3 weeks, and I've gotten a lot of comments from some of them - no negative comments, just....funny. Put the way only kids could put things. For example:
  • Are you...wait. You're... ARE YOU?? pregnant?
  • Are you REALLY pregnant?
  • So, you're pregnant, right? (hair toss over her shoulder)
  • J: "Is your baby gonna come out yet?" Me: "Nope, not till it's ready to come out." J: "Cuz you're not married yet?" Me: "Nope - I'm married...." J: "Oh." (walks away) (J is an adorable kindergartner.)
  • So, there's a baby in there?
I get SO many stares, and it must be hypnotic 'cause they seem to zone out on my growing belly.
The looks have gone from the obvious "don't-stare-too-long-or-she'll-see-me-looking" to the complete-and-total-loss-of-self-consciousness-open-mouthed-gawk.

I can't wait to hear more as the weeks go on and the belly gets bigger.

2 comments:

Snow Cherry said...

If you haven't experienced it already, kicks visible from the outside are wild!

Jess :) said...

Not yet....but I keep looking at my belly when baby kicks to see if I can see it.... ;D