1.28.2010

hmmmm....

I don't really have much to write or anything profound to say, but I felt like I should be posting something tonight. Maybe it's because Sean's at work and I don't really want to just sit around doing nothing. Although, once in a while, that's not a bad thing... ;)
We've really been torn between living here in Alaska or going somewhere that cost of living is not so much. His mom and step-dad live in TN, and it's beautiful there. I have family in MT, and we really and truly have the whole country to choose from, we just want to be somewhere where we know somebody. Have family close by. It's tough. We really do love it here in beautiful Alaska. Beautiful Alaska. Other states get names like "Sunny California" (which I also miss our family and friends there immensely) but Alaska truly is beautiful in every sense of the word, in every direction you look. So many different terrains, so many different sights, so much beauty - for lack of a better word.
I've really been enjoying the days getting a little longer, and have been taking (or trying to take) sunset pictures as often as I have the chance. This month, the sun setting, reflecting off the water of the inlet, the volcanoes backlit by warm pinks and oranges, have been breathtaking.
I'm trying to learn the settings on the manual function of our camera, and wishing I had the know-how to make them work the way I see things. So many of my shots come out grainy, but God sure knows how to paint a beautiful sunset nonetheless. :)

...

...

...

...

...

I hope you're all enjoying your surroundings as much as I have been! I'm looking forward to the summer when we can get out and hike this beautiful state, take many more photos, and make many more memories! ;D

2 comments:

glitzen said...

Stunning pictures! I have missed these sunsets, no pics yet! Have been busy out playing with ponies and couldn't catch the light. But I know we have more coming. You did a great job getting the brilliance of them.
BTW, come over anytime to meet the herd and visit with us. We would be delighted! Next week? Let me know. Not sure our schedule, but we can chat on FB and mesh up.

Jess :) said...

Thanks Geri! ;D I'm still trying to learn our camera... :D